Role: Senior Finance Assistant
Company Type: Events Production
Reporting to: Finance Director & Founder
Salary: £30,000 – £38,000
Permanent: Hybrid – 4 days Office / 1 WFH
Our Client is a luxury events and the primary focus of role will be supporting the founders, the finance director and production team by delivering accurate and timely finance processes to clients and suppliers ensuring the smooth running of the finance side of the event delivery and client relationship. From accounts payable, accounts receivable, project reconciliation and month end delivery you will get exposure to all parts of the UK business, and partner with the US based Finance Assistant to ensure the founders of the business have a clear view of their finance operations.
The business is very fast paced and so great communication skills alongside the ability to follow, consider and improve processes for the good of the business are key skills for success. You will be well supported by an excellent production team, business founders and part time Finance director to enable you to develop this role as the business and your experience grows.
Key responsibilities for the Senior Finance Assistant:
- Owning the supplier onboarding process, ensuring correct company division setup, compliant paperwork, and bank/tax information
- Project and General invoice processing to Quickbooks
- Payment run generation and timely payment through the correct banking systems
- Liaison with the US Accounts assistant on US processed payments
- Credit Card and PLEO processing into Quickbooks
- Project allocation of costs to enable an accurate project forecast and reconciliation
- Supporting the Production team with Client onboarding, ensuring correct setup, compliant paperwork, and bank/tax/payment portal information
- Sending client invoices and owning the AR process
- Payment allocation against client invoices and communication to the production team on any issues
- Processing inter company transactions (payments and charge backs)
- Liaise with the US accounts assistant to review and ensure the correct allocation against projects of payments and charges across the 2 companies
- Project reconciliation with the production team, insights to enable accurate forecasts and post event to ensure accurate quotes are sent to client invoices.
- Weekly bank, credit card and inter company reconciliation
- Weekly payables and receivables reconciliation
- Support the Part Time Finance Director on month end, year end process and reporting including revenue recognition, prepayments and accruals.
- Support the finance Director on margin and project forecasts and reporting
- Feed into the weekly group cashflow forecast to ensure trusted cash management
- Support the production teams and Finance Director with process improvement
KEY SKILLS of the Senior Finance Assistant
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to develop trusted relationships with other departments and provide reliable, trusted, finance support.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise tasks
- Experience gained from working in an events, branding, creative, design, marketing, or advertising agency
- An understanding of the creative events process
- Enthusiastic, and proactive
- Organised and diligent, with a discerning eye and attention to detail
- Ideally started or completed an accounting technician qualification (AAT)
- Proficiency in the use of multiple technologies such as Google Apps, Microsoft Office, Quickbooks
- Ability to manage the pressures of demanding clients and production teams
VisionFR is committed to encouraging equality, diversity, inclusion and eliminating unlawful discrimination within our workforce and whilst fulfilling our client recruitment needs.
Due to the high level of applications being received if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion, usually due to other candidates having more relevant sector exposure, qualifications or required skills. We thank you for your interest.Candidate registration