Role: Assistant Management Accountant / Bookkeeper
Salary: £40,000 – £45,000 DOE
Location: Based in Farringdon
Hours: Full Time in the office
Our Client is a strategic brand consultancy seeking an Assistant Management Accountant/ Bookkeeper to join the team, working alongside the Finance Director. They are a growing agency in operation for over ten years with a team of 20 and a true family feel. Working in an amazing office setting.
This is an exciting opportunity; it is a full-time role, using Paprika accounting software and along with the rest of the agency, in the office 5 days a week, resulting in a harmonious and inclusive working environment.
Assistant Management Accountant / Bookkeeper responsibilities will include:
Sales & Purchase Ledger Management
- Ensure client invoices are raised on a timely basis and agree to forecast income.
- Chase overdue debtors and manage queries.
- Ensure that purchase invoices are authorised and posted correctly.
- Reconcile the supplier statements to purchase ledger and correct any errors like over postings, chase missing invoices & credit notes.
- Select invoices for the payment run.
- Make payments and ensure they are correctly posted in the bank account.
- Coding and posting monthly credit card statement.
- Raising monthly staff expense claims for payment.
- Chase and track time sheets ensuring they are correctly allocated to the right jobs.
- Manage time analyser reports.
- Ensure that timesheets charge-out rates and cost rates are kept up to date.
- Input client estimates/budgets onto Paprika.
- Ensure client expenses are posted to the correct job and are recharged where required.
- Review job reports for time and expenses – highlighting over/under spends.
- Open and close jobs in Paprika.
Assist with Month End
- Ensuring all balance sheet accounts are reconciled and accurate including debtors, creditors, PAYE & NI accounts, VAT account, WIP.
- Preparing accruals and prepayments.
- Managing the FA Register and preparing the depreciation journals.
Cash and Bank
- Responsibility for monthly invoice payments.
- Responsibility for petty cash function.
Ad Hoc Tasks
- Ensure all relevant reports are updated accurately for use by FD and managers.
- Assistance with renewal of lease agreements eg mobile phone and printer.
- Preparing and updating key spreadsheets for monthly reporting.
- Support with producing dash boards.
- Filing of paperwork.
- Liaise with the non-finance team members supporting them with information needed.
- Being accurate and helpful and the face of finance on a day to day basis.
- Being polite when chasing clients and liaising with suppliers.
- A can-do, upbeat personality.
- A good understanding of double entry bookkeeping and the preparation of a month end trial balance.
- Word and Excel expertise.
- Good communication skills, both written & spoken.
- Good understanding of working in a creative agency within a finance team.
- Take pride in your work.
- Be accurate and diligent with good attention to detail.
- Want to learn and develop.
- Be a team player.
- Be happy to work in the office 5 days a week.
- You are likely to be AAT qualified or be a strong bookkeeper.
- Ideally you will have a knowledge of Paprika software, but this is not essential.
VisionFR is committed to encouraging equality, diversity, inclusion and eliminating unlawful discrimination within our workforce and whilst fulfilling our Client recruitment needs.
Due to the high level of applications being received if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion, usually due to other candidates having more relevant sector exposure, qualifications or required skills. We thank you for your interest.Candidate registration