Role: Commercial Financial Controller
Contract: Full Time
Location: London (hybrid – 2 days from home)
Reporting to: CEO
Industry: Design & Branding Agency
Reference: VisionFR 2985
VisionFR are working closely with an established design and banding agency to find a motivated, knowledgeable Commercial Financial Controller who is looking to develop their finance career. The ideal candidate will be hands-on, commercially minded, have a pro-active approach and be eager to make an impact by optimising financial reporting strengthening controls and improving processes throughout the organisation.
Key Responsibilities of the Commercial Finance Controller
- Production of monthly management accounts including reporting KPIs and relevant analysis; presenting to the leadership team.
- Running of day to day finance function including Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, processing of supplier payments, staff expenses etc (with part-time transactional support).
- Completion of month end processes including all balance sheet reconciliations and revenue recognition
- Assisting company accountants with year-end statutory reports for UK and US entities.
- Quarterly VAT returns.
- Treasury management, including FX.
- Creation of annual budgets and re-forecasts for Board approval.
- Ad hoc reporting/financial modelling as required.
- Property – managing leases, liaising with landlords, ensuring adherence to obligations.
- HR – involvement in recruitment and candidate selection, setting remuneration, conducting performance reviews, communicating bonus & incentive targets
- New business – evaluation of prospect suitability, contractual terms, and oversight/input on rate cards and proposal sign off.
- Clients – evaluation of project delivery, contractual terms, and oversight/input on rate cards and proposal sign off; assisting in negotiations with client procurement teams.
- Chair weekly & monthly meetings with account handlers on project status
The Commercial Finance Manager skills:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Advanced Excel
- Experience working in a SME creative agency
- Paprika accounting software experience
- Project Accounting
VisionFR is committed to encouraging equality, diversity, inclusion and eliminating unlawful discrimination within our workforce and whilst fulfilling our Client recruitment needs.
Due to the high level of applications being received if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion, usually due to other candidates having more relevant sector exposure, qualifications or required skills. We thank you for your interest.Candidate registration