Role: Finance and Admin Assistant
Location: Central London
Permanent – full time
Salary: £23,400 – £25,000 ( Depending on experience)
Ref: VFR 2981
VisionFR is currently working with a Women’s Fashion brand set up in late 2018. The business has doubled its sales each year for the last 3 years from £600k in year 1 to £4.8m in year 4. It has now reached the point where the volume of transactions means that there is a need for a Finance Assistant to help the Finance Director and free him up to focus on more operational and commercial activities and opportunities. The business is currently 12 people and so a lot of office related tasks are still carried out by Directors or senior staff and so there is also a need for some support in this area.
This means that this is a dual role with an estimated split of 3 days Finance and 2 days office support, but the intention is that the person who takes this role will ultimately become a full time Finance employee.
The job may be particularly attractive for someone starting out on their accountancy journey. They will consider providing financial support for studying and exam fees once the candidate has been with the company for more than 6 months and proved themselves accordingly.
The role is based in offices in Victoria ( London).The role will need to be in the office 5 days a week due to the need to interact with other team members and make occasional visits when needed to the retail units.
Key Finance tasks:
- Purchase invoice input and obtaining approval where necessary
- Processing of Corporate credit card costs ensuring ALL items backed by invoice receipt
- Preparation of supplier payment listing – 2 per month
- Review staff expenses (which are submitting online) and check for correct posting and VAT treatment before finalising the posting
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Petty cash – monthly count, reconciliation and posting
- Sales – processing of concession sales invoices
- Preparation of appropriate analyses for FD – e.g. property costs by shop; profitability of each brochure drop
- Preparation and maintenance of cashflow
Office admin support including but not limited to:
- Buying office or kitchen materials – either online or at shops
- Posting items to customers
- Banking cash from sales
- Property administration for the 2 shops including meter readings, security.
- Event support
- General support to office staff
Key attributes of the Finance and Admin Assistant:
- Xero user
- Strong Excel skills
- Ideally 1 year of experience working in a Finance/Accounting function.
- Probably an AAT student or keen to do AAT.
- Attention to detail
- Hunger to learn
- Team player and “can do” attitude. Must be prepared to roll up sleeves to get things down. This is a small business and so everyone needs to help out at the relevant time
- Analytical and able to use initiative
- Need to be able to demonstrate that Finance is your intended career
- Confident nature
VisionFR is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce and recruitment and eliminating unlawful discrimination.
Due to the high level of applications being received if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion, usually due to other candidates having more relevant sector exposure, qualifications or required skills. We thank you for your interest.Candidate registration