Role: Finance Assistant Media Planning & Buying Agency
Sector: Media Planning & Buying Agency
Salary: £28,000 – £30,000 + Benefits
VisionFR is excited to be helping a young Media Planning & Buying Agency find a rounded bright Finance Assistant covering both Accounts Payable & Receivable responsibilities. The tasks of the Finance Assistant Media will include Accounts Payable/Receivable, Expense Tracking, Bank Reconciliations and Financial Reporting. As the company grows it is expected that this role will grow with it.
The Finance Assistant – Media will be responsible for:
- Generate and send client invoices in a timely manner.
- Maintain updated and accurate client accounts by posting payments and adjustments.
- Monitor accounts receivable to ensure timely collection and follow up on overdue payments.
- Maintain thorough records of accounts receivable transactions and client interactions.
- Prepare and send periodic statements to clients to facilitate payment.
- Work with the account teams to resolve client inquiries and disputes.
- Process and review supplier invoices, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Maintain accurate records of accounts payable transactions, including tracking and filing invoices.
- Resolve supplier inquiries and discrepancies by communicating with suppliers and internal teams.
- Monitor and reconcile supplier statements, addressing any discrepancies promptly.
- Process weekly payment runs.
- Assist in the month-end and year-end closing processes related to accounts payable.
- Assist in the month-end and year-end closing processes related to accounts receivable.
- Manage and track employee expenses, ensuring compliance with company policies and HMRC guidelines.
- Assist in reviewing and verifying expense reports.
- Reconcile bank statements and post journals on a daily basis to ensure accuracy and identify discrepancies.
- Investigate and resolve any discrepancies or issues promptly.
- Facilitate the timesheet process to measure utilisation and client profitability.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports, including aging reports, cash flow projections, and other financial analyses.
- Help team heads with budget queries and expense management.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure the smooth flow of financial data and information.
- Support the Management Accounts in ad-hoc financial projects and tasks.
Essential Skills and Experience of the Finance Assistant – Media
- Proficient usage of Xero and Media Ocean /DDS preferable
- 1-2 years’ experience in an accounts assistant or similar role within a Media / Advertising Services agency
- Good multi-tasker, highly-organised, outstanding attention to detail and can work independently
- A fast-thinking problem-solver, undeterred by unexpected change
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confident demeanour, enthusiastic and friendly
- Always proactive, inquisitive and positive
- Will have worked within a Media planning & buying agency or an Advertising agency previously as a finance assistant .
VisionFR is committed to encouraging equality, diversity, inclusion and eliminating unlawful
discrimination within our workforce and whilst fulfilling our Client recruitment needs.
Due to the high level of applications being received if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion, usually due to other candidates having more relevant sector exposure, qualifications or required skills. We thank you for your interest.Candidate registration