Role : Finance Assistant
Industry : Public Relations & Media Communications
Work place : Currently 3 days working from home – 2 days in the office
Salary: £30K-£36K plus study Support
We are delighted to be working with a wonderful public relations agency to help them find an astute , helpful and customer focused Finance Assistant with strong accounts payable and paprika skills – the company offer good benefits and a nice working environment with lots of growth potential as well as study support. Based in Central London. Ideally you will be able to start quickly.
The Overall Role of the Finance Assistant
- Assisting the finance team in the month end process including monthly reconciliation and reporting to ensure they are hitting target
- Accurately code and process supplier invoices; reconcile to supplier statements.
- Handle any supplier queries and ensure responses are sent promptly.
- Processing employee expenses and ensuring compliance to company regulation.
- Processing supplier invoices and employee expenses for weekly payment runs.
- Completion of monthly credit card reconciliations.
- Respond to enquiries from the general business in a timely and professional manner:
- Resolve queries in a quick, timely and satisfactory manner.
Manage banking and petty cash:
- Completion of weekly bank reconciliations multiple accounts & multiple currencies.
- reconcile & manage petty cash
Work across general finance admin to support your team and the wider business:
- Setting up new supplier and client codes in Paprika.
- Setting up new employee profiles in Paprika and assist with maintaining employee records and ensure information is up to date.
- Oversee and maintain Paprika timesheet function.
- Provide support to the client teams by raising POs.
- Ad hoc payments and being on hand to answer any queries they may have.
- Assisting with reconciling inter company balances on a monthly basis.
- Filing all source documentation.
- Assist with provision of information for annual audit
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required
- Assistance on weekly cash reports: rollover cash flow weekly and update Creditors section.
Liaise with other offices in the group:
- Assist with queries relating to cross-office clients.
- If required, creation of client invoices, coding correctly to accounts system.
Be a strong team player:
- working to support your team however you can with day to day and ad hoc tasks
What we are looking for in you as the Finance Assistant
- Some experience in a similar Creative Agency environment is highly desirable.
- You must be extremely organised with superb attention to detail.
- Proactivity is key we expect someone good at taking the initiative and always seeing a job through.
- A mature attitude and responsible approach to confidential information.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Superb IT skills.
- Knowledge of Paprika is Highly desirable
- Ideally someone who can start quickly
- Good academic record
- Someone who is ambitious and wants to study to obtain their CIMA qualifications
VisionFR is committed to encouraging equality, diversity, inclusion and eliminating unlawful discrimination within our workforce and whilst fulfilling our Client recruitment needs.
Due to the high level of applications being received if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion, usually due to other candidates having more relevant sector exposure, qualifications or required skills. We thank you for your interest.Candidate registration