Job Title: Finance Director – paprika user
Sector: Creative Agency – Design / Branding
Hybrid: 2 -3 days in office per week
Reports to: Managing Partner
Salary: £90,000 – £110,000 depending on Qualifications & Experience
Location: London City
Our Client is an SME Design agency with big ideas for their clients and for themselves – Looking for a full time Finance Director to join them in a newly created full time role. Looking to grow T/O from around £7.5M to £10M over coming year. Working with great Clients and a great team.
- Provides financial information and support to help the Executive Team make key decisions
- Improves the commercial understanding within the agency.
- Manages all things financial ensuring compliance to appropriate legal and statutory requirements.
- Helps prepare and monitor the forecasts and budgets.
- Makes Improvements to the processes & systems to ensure efficiencies and profit improvement.
- Trains the Finance team and supports the rest of the agency in improving understanding of finance and commercial matters
- Oversee, review, and adhere to the budgets for each department
- Oversee company‐wide budgetary planning
- Develop tax and financial strategies
- Develop and analyse metrics that showcase the company’s performance
- Ensure that all of the company’s financial practices are in line in statutory regulations and legislation.
- Analyse the financial climate and market trends to assist the Exec Team creating strategic plans for the future.
- Interpret complex financial information and provide updates and information as needed
- Monitor cash flow, accounts, and foreign currency exposures
- Supervise & train the Finance team in the facilitation of day‐to‐day operations, including tracking financial data, invoicing, payroll, etc.
- Prepare/ Review the management accounts on a monthly basis, including reports on client and job profitability and staff utilisation
- Produce reports that deal with potential risks and solutions as well as the company’s overall financial state and presents those reports to the Exec Team
- Seek out methods and practices to minimise financial risk
- Provide support to the client teams during client contract negotiations
- Create and maintain relationships with service providers and contractors, including banking institutions insurance, landlords, Lawyers & accountants
- Provide strategic guidance to the Exec team
- Update and implement efficient and improved financial policies and procedures
- Work towards taking the company through a smooth exit at some point in the future
- Work closely with HR team to ensure company attracts and retains their best talent
Skills and personal qualities
- Leadership & Business gravitas
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Detail oriented with strong attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and multi‐tasking abilities
- Problem‐solving with entrepreneurial mindset
- Natural ability to build strong relationships throughout the business
- Adaptability, Integrity; honesty
Experience and/or Education
- Accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or QBE)
- 3‐5 years of working in a similar SME Creative agency in a senior finance position
- Paprika experience
- Advanced excel skills
- Line management experience
- Have worked preparing due diligence Reports and Ideally been part of a team in an exit process
- A thorough understanding of business principles and practices within a creative agency
VisionFR is committed to encouraging equality, diversity, inclusion and eliminating unlawful discrimination within our workforce and whilst fulfilling our Client recruitment needs.
Due to the high level of applications being received if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion, usually due to other candidates having more relevant sector exposure, qualifications or required skills. We thank you for your interest.Candidate registration