Role: Finance Junior
Sector: Brand Design
Location: City of London
Reporting to: Finance Controller
Salary: £24,000 – £26,000 + Study after 6 month probation
VisionFR is working with a terrific Brand Design Agency who are seeking an exceptional Finance Junior who is looking to build and grow their career in finance. You’ll work in a small team who will support you in developing your role and skills.
Key Responsibilities as Finance Junior
- Process Supplier Invoices against project costs, seek authorization from Project Manager with reference to the purchase order and general overhead invoices.
- Initial set up of weekly payment list
- Post weekly payments into Paprika once processed into the bank account.
- Purchase Ledger Statement Reconciliations
- Proactively resolve invoices queries
- Assist where required in the analysis of any payments made through the company credit card accounts.
- Assist where required in the analysis of any payments made for staff expenses and prepare the posting entry.
- Sales receipt entry from bank receipts and any remittance advice
- Ensure allocation of receipts against the related sales invoices and follow up any discrepancies or unmatched entries.
- Ensure credit control activities are maintained through: mid-month payment reminder emails sent to clients, and the follow-up of overdue items with FC
- Time sheet management – initial follow up where timesheets are missing.
- Undertake any tasks and ad hoc duties as required by a Director or Finance Controller that is reasonably commensurate with your skills, knowledge and experience.
- Assist around the Studio when the part time Studio Manager is not in.
Key Attributes Required for the Finance Junior:
- Do you have experience within a finance role – AP experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work to deadlines and on own initiative
- Keen to work in a design studio environment and culture
- Technologically savvy and willing to embrace new technologies and processes
- Paprika is desired but not essential
- Good excel skills
- Great Team player
- Good Communicator
- Positive with a can-do attitude
VisionFR is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce and recruitment and eliminating unlawful discrimination.
Due to the high level of applications being received if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion, usually due to other candidates having more relevant sector exposure, qualifications or required skills. We thank you for your interest.Candidate registration