Job Title: Finance Manager – CONTRACT (9 Months)
Client: Creative Studio
Reporting to: CFO
Location: Farringdon; Hybrid –1-2 days in the office
Salary circa £55k-62k pa FTE
Ref: VisionFR 2917
VisionFR is delighted to be working with this international creative studio (approx. 20 people plus freelance support), which provides film, production, post-production service to the wider agency group. Working with some great global brands the group is experiencing good growth.
They are looking for a Finance Manager for a maternity leave contract (9 months) who can help ensure the smooth running of finances working with a small motivated team in a fast paced environment.
Working largely independently, you will add value to the processes and propose new commercial models and ways to diversify with new products/services
Finance Manager description and responsibilities
- Reporting to European CFO
- Responsibility for the day to day finances for the studio driving the commercial agenda and ensuring we are performing as effectively as possible.
- An in-depth knowledge of all financial transactions, ensuring they are appropriately accounted for within the financial records.
- Producing monthly financial reports for submission to management and group, including management meeting attendance
- Ensuring all deadlines are met, that financial information is complete and up to date and reports are accurate and in accordance with group accounting policies and statutory obligations.
- Responsibility for revenue recognition, ensuring compliance with group accounting policies.
- Raising invoices on a timely basis.
- Preparing balance sheet schedules for all accounts and resolving any issues on a timely basis.
- Ownership of debtors, creditors and project workflow.
- Ownership of the workflow meetings with the production team.
- Preparing bank reconciliations.
- Reconciling intercompany accounts and ensuring transactions are correctly recorded.
- Posting and reconciling payroll transactions.
- Preparing and submitting VAT returns and ensuring compliance with VAT legislation.
- Liaising with internal and external auditors, providing prompt, thorough and accurate responses to enquiries.
- Identifying potential areas of cost reduction in a timely fashion and acting on them.
- Reviewing the cash position of the agency to ensure this is being managed carefully, and identifying opportunities to improve it.
- Identifying areas for improvement and implementing new ways of working to streamline our financial processes.
- Building relationships within the wider agency to raise the profile of the finance department and develop their commercial acumen.
Other keys skills:
- Outstanding organisational & time management skills
- Strong listening and communication skills·
- Ability to solve problems independently
- Exceptional attention to detail
- In-depth understanding of accounting
- The capability to work collaboratively
- Ability to work efficiently without compromising craft, quality or accuracy
- Knowledge of Maconomy preferred
- Great at all things Google – Sheets, Slides, Docs, Calendar etc
VisionFR is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce and recruitment and eliminating unlawful discrimination.
Due to the high level of applications being received if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion, usually due to other candidates having more relevant sector exposure, qualifications or required skills. We thank you for your interest.Candidate registration