Role: Finance Manager – Sole Role Part time
Job Hours – Part Time 4 days
Industry: Creative – Experiential & Events Agency
Reporting to: Board & Company Owners
Location: SW London
salary : £62,000 – £75,000 ( Full Time equivalent )
VisionFR are excited to be working on behalf of an independent creative experiential agency to find a Finance Manager. This role would suit someone who is used to working in a sole role and is methodical and analytical. The Finance Manager will report directly to the Directors working 4 days a week.
The role of the Finance Manager ( 4 days)
- Producing Monthly Management Accounts for the Board
- Managing Project Budgets – with heavy liaison with the project teams to provide them with current budget status
- Managing Excel Spread sheet that looks at forward cash flow and P&L planning bimonthly
- Work with director to develop quarterly and annual projection and finance goal settings – and track and report on them throughout year (to Board, SLT)
- Manage agency profitability against set annualised targets.
- Proactively identify and implement efficiencies and cost saving throughout the agency.
- Managing Payroll and Pension Suppliers (both provided by external companies)
- Cash Management, Managing Xero, Reconciling bank and credit card Accounts
- Paying and posting monthly and adhoc payment runs
- Treasury and Currency Management
- Manage Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable.
- Managing team expense review and approval
- Quarterly VAT filings
- Key contact point with our accountant to manage Year End Accounts and other statutory filings. Oversee US and UK corporate and tax structure, filings and documentation
- Work with internal teams to manage the flow of financial information through the agency
- Provide insight and analysis on profitability and budget tracking
- Procurement and Suppliers – Oversee Supplier Roster ensuring compliance with contractual terms, ways of working and assisting team with negotiations where necessary
- Project Budgets – Assist team with preparation of project budgets by providing historical comparable, identifying cost efficiencies, interrogating budget completeness. Input and sign off on key project proposals.
- RFPs/Pitch support – providing financial insight and information where necessary
- Work closely with project leads each week to manage project profitability – both internal (time sheets) and external costs. Assist in project wrap ups and reporting and knowledge sharing.
- Help manage/oversee contractual requirements by client
- Take part in procurement reviews
- Serve as Procurement liaison with key clients.
- Proactively identify and implement cost saving measures.
- Train and retrain staff and ensure compliance with all project management procedures.
- Lead the IT aspects of the business – assets ledger, subscriptions, implementation, usage, training, onboarding/offloading etc.
- Ensure adherence to UK law with all aspects of the business from reporting to health and safety
- Guide agency in principles of GDPR and set out processes, being a guardian of confidential information
- Manage office environment and overhead expenditure. Lead relationship with landlord and key office support suppliers.
- Risk Management. Oversee insurance policies insuring they are fit for purpose. Assist director in annual insurance review. Manage ad hoc insurance requirements for projects.
- HR – manage filing of all contracts and statutory information. (Working with external HR Director)
- Onboarding and off-boarding of all staff
- Freelance – manage all freelance contractual relationships, forecast, onboard, contracts.
Skills/Experience of the Finance Manager
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in an SME creative agency
- Xero online accounting software experience
- Have held a similar role within a creative agency ( PR, Advertising , Design , Events)
- Strong Management Accounts production experience
- Great communication skills both with internal and external teams
- Excellent eye for details
- Strong Excel skills
- Part Qualified ( ACCA, CIMA, CPA)
- Honest, reliable and loves working in a creative environment
- Work with a positive, solution focussed mindset
- Embrace the agency and culture
- Happy to take on Finance/Operations and Commercial roles
VisionFR is committed to encouraging equality, diversity, inclusion and eliminating unlawful discrimination within our workforce and whilst fulfilling our Client recruitment needs.
Due to the high level of applications being received if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion, usually due to other candidates having more relevant sector exposure, qualifications or required skills. We thank you for your interest.Candidate registration