Role: Head of Finance
CONTRACT: 12 MONTHS MATERNITY LEAVE COVER
Company : Events Studio
Location: London – Hybrid
Start Date : January 2024
Reference: VisionFR 2944
VisionFR is helping to recruit for an exciting role as a hands-on Maternity cover Head of Finance in a rapidly growing creative studio with international clients. You will need to have experience working in an Events Management / Production agency.
The Head of Finance will provide strategic direction to the agency from a finance and commercial perspective ensuring that its systems and processes are suited to its current scale.
The agency has grown exponentially since inception in 2018 and is a small but close knit team delivering large and complex projects. The agency currently uses PROCIM (project management tool) and has established financial management accountability through the introduction of rigorous systems and processes but there is more work to do here as the agency evolves.
The core expectations of the Head of Finance are:
- To provide Leadership team with robust and timely data and analysis to allow informed decision making.
- To provide commercial support to the teams ensuring profitable delivery.
- To maintain robust financial controls, ensuring compliance with accounting standards etc
- Manage a growing finance and operations team supported by an experienced part-time consultant
- An Understanding of a creative agency financial model based to help improve the margins.
- Curiosity of mind and an ability to foresee issues before they become problems.
Responsibilities of the Head of Finance include:
- Management accounts preparation, analysis and reporting
- Other planning and reporting (to SLT and Board) including cashflow, forex, working capital and risk management
- Transaction management supervision (supported by a Finance Assistant & Production Accountant)
- Define, implement and manage processes to collect, monitor and report – business partnering to ensure well managed projects
- Payroll processing
- Statutory accounting and reporting – inc VAT, PAYE, Companies House
- Accountant liaison (as required)
- Establish relations with financial institutions and banking relationships
- Lead and mentor the finance/ops team, provide guidance, support and professional development opportunities
- Operations (via Ops team) – inc HR, benefits/incentives, systems/tools, office/facilities
Requirements of the Head of Finance:
- You are an experienced Finance Controller/ HOF with minimum 5 years of professional finance experience
- You will have experience of managing a commercial model based on time and materials – ideally in an events based business
- Procim experience desirable
- Advanced Excel
- Time management skills
- Available to start in January 2024
VisionFR is committed to encouraging equality, diversity, inclusion and eliminating unlawful discrimination within our workforce and whilst fulfilling our Client recruitment needs.
Due to the high level of applications being received if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion, usually due to other candidates having more relevant sector exposure, qualifications or required skills. We thank you for your interest.Candidate registration