Role: Head of Finance
Contract: Full Time – 12 month maternity cover
Company : Creative Agency and Events
Location: London – Hybrid
Salary: £70,000 – £80,000
Start Date : January 2024
Reference: VisionFR 2944
VisionFR is helping to recruit for an exciting role as a hands-on Maternity cover Head of Finance in a rapidly growing creative studio with international clients.
The Head of Finance will provide strategic direction to the agency from a finance and commercial perspective ensuring that its systems and processes are suited to its current scale.
The agency has grown exponentially since inception in 2018 and is a small but close knit team delivering large and complex projects. The agency currently uses procim and has established financial management accountability through the introduction of rigorous systems and processes but there is more work to do here as the agency evolves.
The expectations of the Head of Finance are:
- To provide Leadership team with robust and timely data with accompanying analysis to allow clear and informed decision making.
- To provide commercial support to the teams ensuring that their planning and delivery is profitable.
- To provide financial and commercial leadership within the agency in terms of expertise and supporting processes and systems improvement
- To maintain robust financial controls, ensuring compliance with accounting standards and regulatory requirements
- Manage a growing finance and operations team supported by an experienced part-time consultant
- An excellent communicator and technically confident.
- An Understanding of a creative agency financial model based on both Time and Materials and an ability to help improve the margins.
- Curiosity of mind and an ability to foresee issues before they become problems.
Responsibilities of the Head of Finance include:
- Management accounts preparation, analysis and reporting
- Other planning and Reporting (to SLT and Board)
Short and long term financial planning
Performance against budget
Cash Flow projections
Ensuring there is sufficient working capital in the agency to facilitate its ambition
Management of International FX and currency transfer strategy
Identify and mitigate financial risks, including currency fluctuation, credit risk
Facilitating international business and growth plans of the agency from a financial and
- Transaction management supervision (supported by a Finance Assistant& Production accountant)
Cash management and reconciliations
Invoicing and Credit Control
Credit cards and Expenses management
Weekly payment runs
- Define, implement and manage processes to collect, monitor and report
Project budgets (GP and project NP)
Project monitoring and reconciliations (GP and project NP)
Client procurement needs – ie. fee rates, rebates and commercial terms
- Payroll processing
- Statutory accounting and reporting
Companies House returns
Local market entity management
- Accountant liaison (as required)
- Establish relations with financial institutions and banking relationships
- Lead and mentor the finance/ops team, provide guidance, support and professional development opportunities
- Operations (via Ops team)
HR and talent support
Planning, monitoring and delivery of overhead expenditure
Insurance – company and project
Benefits and incentives
Systems, and tools inc Procim, Xero, banking systems, HMRC other productivity tools
Office and facilities
Requirements of the Head of Finance:
- You are an experienced Finance Controller/ HOF with minimum 5 years of professional finance experience
- You will have experience of managing a commercial model based on time and materials
- Procim experience
- Advanced Excel
- Time Management Skills
- Available to start in January 2024
VisionFR is committed to encouraging equality, diversity, inclusion and eliminating unlawful discrimination within our workforce and whilst fulfilling our Client recruitment needs.
Due to the high level of applications being received if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion, usually due to other candidates having more relevant sector exposure, qualifications or required skills. We thank you for your interest.Candidate registration