Role: Head of Finance
Contract: Full Time
Location: London – City
Salary: £75,000 -£90,000 depending on experience and qualification
Reporting to: The Board
Reference: VisionFR 2974(ii)
Overview Our client an SME creative agency is looking for a Head of Finance to join them as a strategic Business partner, working closely with the founders in this 20 person creative PR agency., You will have a deep understanding of the company financial and KPI drivers. You will need to own the processes systems and the operations of the finance function from top to bottom with the support of a finance assistant and external accountants where needed. You will be working. in a highly creative environment where the agencies clients are in the Beauty and fashion arena.
You would be key to helping us set and iterate on the business strategy and plan, budgets, and ensuring we are operating in a way which optimises for efficient and sustainable growth.
Overview of the Head of Finance role
- You will work very closely with the Company Directors to set out strategy and targets.
- Within our culture which champions transparency, inclusivity and creativity, we celebrate individual and team wins with leaders who are present and accessible. You will have as much autonomy as you need to shape each day whilst responding to the needs of the business, role and tasks at hand.
- You will need to be comfortable having a broad remit at times and being involved in multiple projects.
- You will be encouraged to bring creativity and curiosity to the role by the bucket load.
What The Head of Finance is responsible for?
- Preparation of Monthly and Annual accounts and presentation to the directors.
- Responsible for the full month-end and year-end close processes and ensuring quality control over financial transactions and reporting.
- Forecasting, Budgeting for the year and 3 year plans
- Overseeing the revenue recognition
- Ownership and coordination of day-to-day financial operations, including:
- Cash flow and all aspects of treasury management and forecasting to ensure sufficient liquidity for operational needs.
- Support and management of finance assistant (AP focused)
- Management of the Project Accounting (WIP) process
- Management of Accounts payable and accounts receivable functions
- Manage client and supplier contractual relationships.
- Reconciliation of bank statements, company credit card and transactions.
- Management of PO register and customer project budget sheets
- Managing external accountants in the UK
- Oversight of all payroll and tax compliance processes with support from external accountants
- Develop and documenting of finance and business processes and strengthen internal controls.
- Additional duties as required to support the wider business operations.
Experience needed for the Head of Finance Role:
- Previous experience in a Finance leadership role, for example as a Head of Finance or Financial Controller / Senior Finance Manager. You would have experience managing and leading a small team but also have been very much hands on in your previous role.
- Strong understanding of compliance, financial reporting, budgeting & forecasting.
- You must have worked in a fast paced SME Creative agency environment
- Strong leadership and communication skills with the ability to lead with a positive influence.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent qualification with post-qualified finance experience.
- High degree of organisation with excellent attention to detail.
- Confidence and a willingness to challenge staff of all levels if required.
- A positive, can-do attitude and be willing to roll your sleeves up and help out wherever needed.
Skills of the Head of Finance
- Great analytical skills in a data rich environment, attention to detail and the ability to collaborate with non-finance business partners
- Ability to structure and prioritise in a high volume, fast-paced environment and drive work to completion.
- You are a team player, with a strong sense of purpose and high integrity.
- You are a self-starter who enjoys working autonomously and as part of a team.
- You are driven by analytics and data and are keen to make a real impact on the sustainable growth of the business.
- You are tenacious, curious and passionate whilst having humility and empathy in your approach.
- Can adapt and embrace change.
- An understanding of using Xero
- Strong Excel Skills
VisionFR is committed to encouraging equality, diversity, inclusion and eliminating unlawful discrimination within our workforce and whilst fulfilling our Client recruitment needs.
Due to the high level of applications being received if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion, usually due to other candidates having more relevant sector exposure, qualifications or required skills. We thank you for your interest.Candidate registration