Job Title: Operations Manager
Salary: £50,000 – £55,000
Industry: TV Production
Reporting to: Operations & Finance Director
Operations Manager Overall Job Description
The Operations Manager is primarily responsible for managing the day-to-day running of the business operations. This crucial role must ensure that the company’s operational processes are efficient, effective, and aligned with the overall business goals and strategy outlined by the company’s CEO and Operations & Finance Director.
Responsibilities of the Operations Manager
- Working in close collaboration with our Operations & Finance Director to oversee and manage the successful running of all daily operational activities within the company, which include:
- Office and Facilities management;
- IT Support & Management (To replace our IT supplier);
- Data protection/GDPR compliance;
- Health & safety procedures and standards (including fire drills & protocols);
- Operational Budgets
- Managing (including being the first point of contact) with our 3rd party suppliers covering IT/ Telecoms/ Office / Landlords/ Insurance
- Identify areas for improvement and implement strategies and processes for continuous operational enhancement.
- Ensuring that the office is appropriately furnished and all members of staff have a designated work space, as well as working alongside the HR Manager to make sure that all staff have the equipment they need to work from home comfortably.
- Management of all office post, including collecting post and distributing to the relevant employee(s).
- Alongside the Operations & Finance Director and Accounts Coordinator, manage the office budget and ensure an adequate process is in place for orders.
- At the start of each working week, ensuring that the office is stocked with the necessary equipment, stationery, and sundries. Delegating to make sure this is maintained throughout the week and while absent.
- Keeping updated on any weather events and/or transport interruptions which could impact the company employees and communicating out to the team.
- Organising and managing the budget for any social events for the team, including our annual Christmas Party.
- Website & social media management.
- Invoice and banking approvals for certain purchases.
- Assisting the Accounts & BA Managers to draft development budgets for the companies projects, including writers room budgets.
- As needed, picking up pieces of work from the Finance & Operations Director/being the first point of contact for the Operations Team when the Finance and Operations Director is away/needs to focus on other high priority items for the business.
- Assisting the Finance & Operations Director to identify and problem solve any business-critical operational tasks as and when they come up.
Key Skills of the Operations Manager
- Proven Operational and HR experience within the TV production or media industry.
- In-depth knowledge of the TV production process and industry landscape.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and motivate teams.
- Meticulous attention to detail and exceptional organisational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical, IT and problem-solving abilities.
- Familiarity with social platform management tools.
- Previous experience of managing team members.
- Confidence in dealing with 3rd party companies and consultants.
- Previous experience of managing budgets and report writing
- A can do approach / Sleeves rolled up and get stuck in attitude
VisionFR is committed to encouraging equality, diversity, inclusion and eliminating unlawful discrimination within our workforce and whilst fulfilling our Client recruitment needs.
Due to the high level of applications being received if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion, usually due to other candidates having more relevant sector exposure, qualifications or required skills. We thank you for your interest.Candidate registration