Role: Senior Finance Assistant
Reporting To: Financial Controller
Permanent: Hybrid – 3 days
Salary: £35,000 – £38,000
VisionFR is recruiting for a Senior Finance Assistant on behalf of a dynamic award winning experiential and digital agency. Working with the Financial Controller, you will provide advice and guidance to the business on financial related queries, providing information and assistance where required by team. It is a great opportunity to gain experience in a fast paced, high performing environment with opportunities to grow and develop within the agency.
Key Responsibilities For The Senior Finance Assistant will include:
- Setting up of new clients, ensuring all relevant information is provided by the client
- Raising all sales invoices and ensuring purchase orders are used where necessary
- Chasing all outstanding debt, ensuring all sales invoices are paid in a timely manner
- osting all receipts, ensuring they are correctly allocated and reconciled
- Setting up of new suppliers, ensuring all relevant information is provided by the supplier
- Posting all supplier invoices, ensuring they are accurately posted to the correct purchase orders
- Dealing with and resolving supplier queries
- Preparing and reviewing fortnightly payment runs
- Posting all payments , ensuring they are correctly allocated and reconciled
- Daily maintenance of the cash flow forecast – updating with actuals from the bank and assisting with forecasting ahead
- Ensuring that all movements within the banking system are accurately posted
- Managing bank account reconciliations across multi currency accounts, both weekly and monthly
- Processing of charge cards – chasing up and problem solving with team members
- Managing and processing expense claims submitted by employees ensuring payments are made monthly
- Monitoring the Accounts@ inbox and responding to both internal and external queries via phone and email promptly
- Learning and understanding our Finance system Chase (soon to be Procim) so that you can be a point of contact and support for the team when issues arise.
- Assisting with the month end process
- Ad hoc financial tasks to support the business as and when required
The Key Attributes Required for the Senior Finance Assistant:
- Competent and passionate about numbers, analysis and reconciliation.
- Strong organisation and communication skills – written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail – you see errors before they become a problem
- Ability to work independently and manage your workload efficiently
- Confident and engaging personality able to communicate at all levels.
- You are approachable, supportive and trustworthy
- Positive ‘can do’ and ‘consider it done’ attitude. You bring solutions to the table
- You are proactive, self motivated and driven to improve our systems and processes
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.. You have proven ability to multitask to meet deadlines
- Competent user of Microsoft Office and gsuite
- Excellent Excel Skills (sumifs, vlookups, creating reports)
- Previous experience in an Agency environment
VisionFR is committed to encouraging equality, diversity, inclusion and eliminating unlawful discrimination within our workforce and whilst fulfilling our Client recruitment needs.
Due to the high level of applications being received if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion, usually due to other candidates having more relevant sector exposure, qualifications or required skills. We thank you for your interest.Candidate registration