Role: Senior Management Accountant
Industry: Online publishing and data marketing
Location: London – Hybrid (2 days/week in office)
VisionFR is delighted to be helping our client, an online publisher and data marketing business in its recruitment of a Senior Management Accountant. Operating in the UK, US & APAC with revenues growing and circa £19m this is an exciting time to be joining the business.
Following a recent system change (to Quickbooks) this will be a hands-on role producing the management accounts and ensuring the new system is correctly adopted throughout the business, driving appropriate process and controls that you will help influence.
You will be supported by two assistants.
Key Purpose of the Senior Management Accountant:
As Senior Management Accountant, you will be instrumental in the development, planning and implementation of accounting controls and processes as well as developing and delivering relevant management information.
Reporting to the CFO and supervising a small team, you will be responsible for running the month-end process, statutory accounting, budgeting & forecasting and implementing new financial controls.
Main Duties & Responsibilities of Role:
- Management of month-end process including: Preparation of monthly management accounts and board pack; covering Group (UK/US/APAC)
- Preparing cash flows and managing cash balances, including Forex management
- Management, compliance and overall responsibility for VAT returns;
- Assisting with the annual budgeting and quarterly re-forecasting process;
- Management of daily financial operations including management of finance team;
- Liaising with external auditors regarding the year-end audit and sign off for statutory accounts;
- Systems development: continued evolution of Quickbooks accounting system to deliver continued improvement
- Supporting the CFO with ad-hoc project work;
- Regular meetings with sales / client handling teams to review client forecasting, WIP etc;
- Management, supervision and training of finance team including AR & P functions
Key Skills and Requirements of the Senior Management Accountant:
- ACA/CIMA/ACCA qualified or excellent QBE
- Experience of Quickbooks desirable
- Good knowledge of multicurrency and forex accounting
- 3 years + experience in a similar role
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to influence at all levels and build finance team relations with the wider business
- Be able to organise and manage time efficiently and effectively
- Work closely with junior members to ensure their continual development
- Advanced Excel skills
VisionFR is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce and recruitment and eliminating unlawful discrimination.
Due to the high level of applications being received if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion, usually due to other candidates having more relevant sector exposure, qualifications or required skills. We thank you for your interest.Candidate registration